Prospective Listing Brokers
HomeSteps utilizes the services of real estate brokers/agents to market and sell Freddie Mac's real-estate owned properties. Relationships are established with the principal broker/owner of the company, not individual agents. If you are an agent, please contact your principal broker/owner to discuss listing opportunities.
HomeSteps has very specific requirements for becoming an active listing broker. General requirements include, but are not limited to:
- Proof of an active real estate broker license
- Proof of a minimum of $500,000 Errors & Omissions insurance coverage
- Proof of active membership in good standing with MLS board(s) within the primary market area
- Financial capability to support ongoing expenses incurred while marketing properties
In addition, the following are beneficial:
- 3 to 5 years REO experience, preferably with corporate sellers
- Advanced BPO methodology
- Relevant and current knowledge of local market conditions, regulatory requirements and industry trends
- Active and continuing REO education and/or certifications
If you are interested in becoming a HomeSteps listing broker, please complete the Vendor Application Form and register as a prospective listing broker. You may also review our sourcing list to determine where HomeSteps needs listing brokers.
Once HomeSteps determines there is a business need to expand our network of listing brokers in a specific area, we will utilize the prospective vendor database to identify all listing brokers registered in that area. HomeSteps will decide which listing broker(s) will be selected for a phone interview based on the information provided in the Vendor Application Form. After the phone interview(s) are complete, the most qualified listing broker(s) are chosen to continue with the activation process.
Please note that completing the Vendor Application Form does not guarantee you will be selected to become a HomeSteps listing broker.