Prospective Listing Brokers
HomeSteps utilizes the services of real estate brokers/agents to market and sell Freddie Mac's real-estate owned properties. Relationships are established with the principal broker/owner of the company, not individual agents. If you are an agent, please contact your principal broker/owner to discuss listing opportunities.
General requirements for listing brokers include, but are not limited to:
- Proof of an active real estate broker license
- Proof of a minimum of $500,000 Errors & Omissions insurance coverage
- Proof of active membership in good standing with MLS board(s) within the primary market area
- Financial capability to support ongoing expenses incurred while marketing properties
In addition, the following are beneficial:
- 3 to 5 years REO experience, preferably with corporate sellers
- Advanced BPO methodology
- Relevant and current knowledge of local market conditions, regulatory requirements and industry trends
- Active and continuing REO education and/or certifications
If you are interested in selling HomeSteps homes, please complete the Vendor Application Form and register as a prospective listing broker. You may also review the sourcing list to determine where listing brokers are needed.
If there is a business need to expand the network of listing brokers in a specific area, the prospective vendor database will be used to identify listing brokers registered in that area.
Please note that completing the Vendor Application Form does not guarantee that you will be selected for the network.